The REI, EEC and ECT will not share your information for marketing purposes with any companies other than the REI-EEC-ECT. The EEC and ECT will never sell your personal information on to a third party.
For European Union data protection purposes, we act as a controller of your personal data.
We collect information about you when you register a place on one of our courses. We also collect information when you contact us, either by phone, email, online chat, social media or through a contact form on our website. We then inform our database of contacts regarding upcoming educational events. We inform our network of contacts on social media due to their stated interest in renewable energy. If you don’t want to provide us with personal data, you don’t have to, but it might make it more difficult to find our more information or register on courses that you are interested in.
Website usage information is collected by cookies.
First and foremost, we use your personal data to operate our websites and provide you with any services you have requested, and to manage our relationship with you. We also use your personal data for other purposes, which may include the following:
– To communicate with you
We collect information about you in order to reserve a place on one of our courses and, if you agree, to email you about other courses and training events which might be of interest to you. On occasion, we may share your information between both the EEC and ECT, in order to offer you services which will be most suited to your preferences.
The REI, EEC and ECT will not share your information for marketing purposes with any companies other than the REI-EEC-ECT. The REI, EEC and ECT will never sell your personal information on to a third party.
– To support you
This may include supporting the resolution of technical support issues relating to our websites our services.
– To facilitate your training
In processing your place on our classroom courses, we may send some of your details (such as your name) in advance to the venue or lecturer, for registration purposes.
– To analyse and market to you
We would like to send you tailored information about courses, training events, conferences and other services of the REI-EEC-ECT which we believe may be of interest to you. If you have consented to receive marketing from us, you may opt out at a later date. You have a right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing, you can opt out using the ‘unsubscribe’ button at the bottom of our emails or, alternatively, you can let us know via email.
Our email provider (Mailchimp) offer the ability for you to let us know which types of emails you would like to receive. You can update your preferences at the bottom of every email we send you.
There will be times when we need to share your data with third parties, which are limited to:
– Between the Renewable Energy Institute Ltd, the European Energy Centre, the European Centre of Technology and Centro Studi Galileo Srl.
– Third party service providers which are necessary for the provision of training courses (such as your lecturer or the university venue) or those who provide functionality on our websites.
– Regulators, law enforcement bodies, government agencies, courts or other third parties when it is required to comply with laws or regulations, or to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights. Where possible and appropriate, we will notify you of this type of disclosure
– An actual or potential buyer (and its agents and advisers) in connection with an actual or proposed purchase, merger or acquisition of any part of our business
– Other people where we have your consent.
Your personal data is stored in password-protected databases and is only accessible by personnel checked and approved by us.
The processing of personal data for direct marketing purposes is carried out on the lawful basis of legitimate interest, under Article 6(1)(f) of the GDPR.
We will retain your personal data for as long as we have a relationship with you and for a period of time afterwards where we have an ongoing business need to retain it, in accordance with our data retention policies and practices. Following that period, we will make sure it is deleted or anonymised.
You have certain rights relating to your personal data. You can request at any time that we stop sending marketing communications – please just follow the instructions at the bottom of every email we sent to you, or send your request to [email protected]
You also have rights to:
– Know what personal data we hold about you, and to ensure it is accurate and up to date
– Request a copy of your personal data, ask us to restrict processing your data or delete it
– Object to our continued processing of your personal data.
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please email us at [email protected], for the attention of our Data Protection Officer, Paolo Buoni.